forum > Mr. Mister '87 - '88 Concert Date Information Wanted

Does anyone have info, recollections, memorabilia regarding any concerts they played in their last 2 years? I know that they:

- went to Germany in early November to film their participation in "Peter's Pop Show" (resulting in the clip where Steve's keyboard falls down)

- opened for Heart from December 3rd to the 20th '87

- went to Chile for the 2 shows on February 18 & 19, '88

Were there any Europe live dates in November of '87? What about more US shows in both years?

Thanks!

December 8, 2011 | Registered CommenterGuido Almstedt

They did tour USA a little; I have a tour shirt from it, I should know. The crowd just 'didn't get it' the Go On... album.

December 25, 2011 | Registered Commenterseth saltzman

I have a CD that they had a concert as support for HEART at ST.PAUL,MN on 12.5 in 1987.
SET LIST:
Uniform Of Youth
Something Real
Dust
Healing Waters
Into My Own Hands
Broken Wings
Man Of A Thousand Dances
Is It Love
Kyrie
They played 3 songs from the album "Go On".Very Rare!!
These songs are powerful.

December 28, 2011 | Registered CommenterKazzy

Yes, a most precious recording that is. Makes me wonder if any soundboard tapes have survived and if Little Dume has any plans for a live compilation perhaps? :-)

January 3, 2012 | Registered CommenterGuido Almstedt

Hi, Guido,

My apologies for the late reply. I just joined the discussion group this week.

Just prior to the Dec 1987 shows with Heart, the two bands played three shows together at the Omni in Atlanta (Nov 27), the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis (Nov 28) and Louisville Gardens in Louisville, Kentucky (Nov 29).

Before those shows, the band played a benefit for a police officer in Tempe, Arizona, who was killed in the line of duty. That show was held Oct 18, 1987, at the Hayden Square Amphitheatre in Tempe.

I'm putting together a listing of the bands shows from 1983-1988 and will take a look at the 1987 European dates. According to what I've seen, the band was scheduled to tour Europe Oct 28-Nov 29, 1987, but that tour was cancelled for a shorter tour that ran Nov 08-23.

From all sources I've seen, the band's Feb 1988 appearance at the ViƱa del Mar International Song Festival in Chile was their last concert together.

I'll let you know what I find on the 1987 European tour.

Thanks,

Bert

October 19, 2017 | Registered CommenterBert Gangl

Guido,

As it turns out, the band played on the Late Show with Ross Shafer on Apr 29, 1988.

The program ran on FOX TV from 1986 to 1988, and shouldn't be confused with the Late Show with David Letterman, which started five years later and aired from 1993 to 2015 on CBS.

If I find anything after that, I'll let you know,

Bert

October 19, 2017 | Registered CommenterBert Gangl