forum > 24BIT/192KHz Hi Defiinition Download Releases

Hello fellow Richard Page fans, the awesome Richard Page himself(YOU ROCK!!!) and any producers who may view these posts.

I'm sure we'd all agree on this board that the recent acoustic and early tracks albums were fantastic. Peculiar Life also stands as one of my favourite albums(out of about 750 albums and growing that's no small feat).

Anyway, I was just wondering for those of us who have 24BIT capable players, do you think it might be possible to release a set of full studio quality 24bit/192KHz high definition FLAC or WAV file download releases on the website?

I for one would certailny purchase all the albums again to A)Support Richard and his incredibly talented musicians and B) Have a studio quality audio listening experience and I'm sure I'm not alone right fellow Richard Page and Mr Mister fans?

Imagine all the current albums available in High definition!!!! The Mr Mister album Pull(a sadly forgotten masterpiece that finally got the listening it rightfully deserves. The other 3 albums also deserve a remastering and any bonus tracks you could share would be appreciated by many Mr Mister fans) and the spine tingling Peculiar Life deserve a high definition release without any doubts at all.

Thank you for continuing to produce brilliant music and enrich our lives with your terrific performances. My biggest regret right now is that I missed the All Star Band when it came right here to Brisbane Australia. Simply tragic and I hope there might be a DVD release in the pipeline so I can experience it first hand(imagine the performance where Pat got to play fellow fans!!!).

Your fan,
Sean.

January 14, 2014 | Registered CommenterSean Curtin

Is there anybody out there????

January 28, 2014 | Registered CommenterSean Curtin

Hello Sean,
I agree that listening to Richard in 24 Bit 96 kHz would be something, although I only have a iTunes version of Peculiar life and still love it: soul does not care about bits and Hertz, it travels even through the speakers of my laptop.
So a nice to have but not a life altering possibility :-)

Klaus from Luxembourg

February 7, 2014 | Registered CommenterKlaus Gehlhaar

Hello Klaus,
You are certainly correct about the soul in the music being the important factor, however a 24bit/192KHz recording adds to the soul even more than you can imagine. Mind you it does require audio gear capable of allowing that kind of output. Your absolutely correct, PC speakers would not really take advantage of such a recording.

When you hear it someday with the right equipment you'll be pleasantly surprised I'm sure. Alas the audio world has people dummed down to believe 16bit 44.1KHz is absolutely fine. See I'm one of these records are better than CD's people for that very reason. That is that records have the full frequency range and ultimate analogue transfer of the recording where as CD's and alas most digital files these days do not. What you can't hear, you can feel but even then there's things you can hear on records that you will never hear on a CD as the recording has been drastically altered from the original studio production.

Having said all that I'm greatful that there's new recordings coming out full stop and I mention all this purely in support of Richard's fine work and a method of further supporting it and not as a winge about the current releases(which are all superb for the record(excuse the pun)).

February 18, 2014 | Registered CommenterSean Curtin